Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dallas Arboretum

The kids and I enjoyed a glorious Sunday at the Arboretum last week with friends! Here are some favorites from our time in the beautiful blooms:








It's hard to believe Madi will be 3 months old next Thursday (4/12)! To my delight, she is still a little bitty thing, weighing around 10-1/2 pounds (25%-percentile for weight), and she is happy and healthy. She smiles and coos often now and is generally a very happy and content baby. Big brother and sister are still doing very well, although they have their emotional outbursts for attention from time to time. I suspect it's all normal as they adjust to the reality that Madi is here to stay and is now a permanent fixture in our family! That, and a realization of all the attention she requires. It seems to really help when we separate them for individual time (i.e. sending one at a time on errands with Mom or Dad, or for special time with Grammy).

The big news of this week is.... I got them both registered for KINDERGARTEN on Monday! Wow, this is really happening! They are excited, although I'm sure they have no idea what they're excited for. We all get to go to Kindergarten orientation on the evening of May 8th, so we're looking forward to learning more about what's to come and hopefully getting to tour the school.

Preschool is going great and they're doing so well! We really have a couple of very bright kiddos on our hands and I'm excited to see how they will grow in Kindergarten next year. Preschool ends May 17th and school starts August 27th. In case you didn't get out your calendar to count, that's FOURTEEN WEEKS. Oh. My. Word. !!! I still have no idea how I'm going to keep them happy/entertained all summer by myself AND keep my own sanity intact.... so, wish me luck! And please offer any and all suggestions for cheap/free entertainment! HA!

I'll probably be shipping them off to Camp Nana (in Denver) and Camp Honey (in Shreveport)!!! And hopefully Camp Grammy will be an every weekend occurrence... hint, hint! HA!

It really does take a village...... :-)

post signature

0 comments: