Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back 2 School!

The kids had a great first day of Preschool/Mother's Day Out today! We are so blessed to have found a wonderful, 2-day Christian preschool program for the kids to go to this year and it's located a whopping 3 minutes from our house! How great is that?!?!! Seriously, right around the corner!

Anyway, on with the photos of our first day....

Tanner is all ready to go... "just one last sip, Mom!"


Miss Tori was a liiiiittle on the grumpy side this morning and was frustrated that her backpack could not be carried like a purse on her arm.... hence, this lovely photo on the way out the door:
"Please Mom, no pictures."

Now we're a little happier, excited to go to school!

My big boy marching in like a pro, not a hint of apprehension!

At drop off, Tanner smiled at me and then made a beeline for, you guessed it, all the transportation toys.

Tori tried to be a big girl as she hugged and kissed me goodbye, but she got a little upset, so she went straight to Ms. Annette for some snuggles.


They had a great report when I picked them up! They both were happy, ate all their lunch (no surprise there!), and both slept at nap time - this is particularly great news because it was their very FIRST time to sleep on nap mats on the floor, in a group setting no less! (I'm hoping this means our days of traveling with pack-n-plays are coming to an end!)

After school, we enjoyed watching Sesame Street on the couch with a snack!



I'm excited for them about this school year! They will be attending on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00-2:00, just enough time away from me to have some outside stimulation and not get too bored at home, but not so much time away that we all start to miss each other! It also allows me a much-needed breather to get more efficient at my job of running the household and also some "think time" to work on my own projects, pursuits and passions.... so I guess it's a win-win!

We'll keep you up-to-date as our "school year" progresses....


post signature

2 comments:

Hayley McCarthy said...

You're kids are so cute. Tanner looks SO old in that first picture. I can't get over it.

Jara said...

Congrats on a great beginning to the new year! What school are they at? We miss ya'll!!!