Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 19, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer

Well, we are settling in to our relaxed summer routine quite nicely, if I do say so myself! Here are some of the fun things we have been up to over the past week:

We've had 2 swim dates this week. On Monday, we had my friend Roni over with her two kiddos, Cason & Lexi, and had a great time in the pool with them.

Then, on Wednesday, we had BIG fun with a total of 6 kids and 4 mommies in the pool! I don't think Tori stopped squealing the whole time we were in the pool! Such FUN!!!

Look at all the little fishies! (Mommy #4 is taking the photo and that's her little fish at the bottom of the photo)



I LOVE this photo of Miles coming down the slide - what a great action shot!

Mommy and her little shark and duckling (Tanner's floatie is a shark, Tori's is a duck)

They're beginning to get more and more comfortable in the water... in fact, after observing all the big kids swimming on Monday and again on Wednesday, Tori got the hang of kicking her feet and didn't want to be held anymore!

As you can see in this next photo, she paddled around and was able to keep her head above the water pretty well!


Tori has become quite enamored with jewelry over the past week. She saw one of my bracelets laying around and it was love at first sight, so I've been letting her play with some of my least important things as well as some mardi gras beads I found in my stash.... soooo sweet and girly!


Last Saturday morning, we thought it would be fun to take the kids to the park after breakfast. We arrived at Chisholm Park in Hurst around 10:15 am, and it was already so unbearably hot and humid (from all that rain the week before).

First, we went to see the ducks. (Notice Tori holding up her arm so her bracelet won't fall off!) ;)

Tanner checking out the ducks (I have no idea why the water looks white in this photo... weird!)

Awwwww, Daddy and his buddy!

After seeing the ducks, we headed over to the playground, Tori running and squealing all the way!

Swingin' with Daddy


I think we only stayed for about 30 minutes... it was just unbearable! We should've known when we arrived and there was not a single kid playing on the playground (all the slides were too hot to slide down)!


Ahhh, summertime!


post signature

0 comments: