Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"I Smell T-R-O-U-B-L-E...."


... anyone remember that old country song? Well, I've decided it's Tori's theme song! Boy, have we got our hands full with this one! Here is just a sampling of what our precocious, darling, curious and hilarious daughter gets into on a daily basis:

This is my label maker - she gets it out of the desk drawer in our kitchen anytime she's allowed in there and walks around with it up to her ear like it's a phone!
This little stinker will NOT leave bows or ponytails in her hair anymore. Every few days I try to get away with it, but to no avail... both the bow and the rubber bands are usually ripped out before we ever get out the door. Here she is, once again, trying to pluck the bow out of her hair! *sigh*
Here is her latest obsession... sitting on the couch like a big girl and playing with whatever happens to be on the sofa table. Usually, we leave remotes there but have wised up to our little climber's sneaky ways. However, this past week has seen a LOT of SNOT so we put a box of tissues in the living room to catch the drips. So, here she is destroying the box of tissues.

Here is a picture from last week, the very first time I caught her up on the couch by herself just sitting there like a big girl. At least she has learned to sit on the couch instead of JUMP. That was the challenge a few weeks before this.


Wow, there's never a dull moment with this wild child!


Now, I know what you're all thinking... Tanner must be perfect! Haha... Of course we have to get on to him every once in awhile too, but he is not nearly as mischievous as Tori! When we tell her "no" or try to redirect her, she just looks at us and grins like it's a game and continues doing whatever she is doing! Tanner, on the other hand, is the more "compliant" one and will usually obey.

Anyway, thought you all might like that bit of entertainment. Now, on a different note, here's a cute picture from last night of Daddy and the kiddos after dinner:

Look how BIG my babies are!!! I cannot believe they will be 18 months old next Friday! They are really looking like big kids lately... soooo adorable. It's so fun to watch them grow, but I realize more and more everyday how fast it's all going to go by!

4 comments:

HaskinsHouse said...

OH MY GOODNESS, they are beautiful. Just wait it gets better, but until then enjoy your T-R-O-U-B-L-E! She is sure a cutie pie though.

sarah said...

I just can't believe how big they are getting! time just flies by doesn't it!

Jara said...

They are both so precious! I can see Tori being a strong one though, she wasn't scared one bit of the rodeo clowns the other day, but Tanner...poor Tanner, he didn't care for them too much. I know you're having fun with them, they are dolls!

Charisse said...

Hey Leah - It's Charisse. I have been watching your babies through your blog and I have to tell you that they are soooo BEAUTIFUL!!! I am having the same kinds of...problems...with my little one. She wants to get into EVERYTHING!!!! There are no couch cushions that haven't been turned. No cabinet that has yet to be opened. No drawer that has yet to be rifled through. But...I wouldn't trade her trouble for anything.