Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful...

With Thanksgiving just days away, I thought I would reflect on all the things in my life I have to be thankful for.

I am THANKFUL for and BLESSED to have.......



...a relationship with my Heavenly Father, who gets me through life


...my wonderful, loving and supportive husband (not to mention, HANDSOME!!!)
(me with my HOT date before we left for the March of Dimes Signature Chefs Dinner last weekend)

...my husband's job that supports all of us (many people have lost work this year and I am very blessed not to HAVE to work outside the home!)


...our two healthy and precious children
(this is what an after-bath dance party on Grammy's bed looks like!)

...a roof over our heads


...three meals a day (this is a luxury in some parts of the world and I don't ever want to take it for granted)


...my own life and health


...my Mom (she is such a help, support and blessing to us! For one thing, we're so spoiled that she helps out with the kids so much and secondly, we're all living with her right now... bless her heart!!!)


...the freedoms and liberties I have as an American citizen (freedom of speech, religious freedom, etc... another thing I never want to take for granted!)


...my Dad and Stepmom (they are traveling down from Colorado to spend some time with all of us this week and we are thankful for that!)


...great friends (we have so many great, supportive, encouraging and loving friends in our lives to be grateful for!)


...our upcoming trips (we are looking forward to spending some time away this week for Thanksgiving with both sides of the family and then an upcoming ski trip in January!!!)


...and LASTLY, I am thankful for Thanksgiving itself, because it causes us to pause each year and reflect on the many BLESSINGS we have in our lives! There might be plenty of things going wrong in your life and a handful of negative things or situations, but if we can step back from it all and look at only the positives and the blessings, I think we can all find many things to be THANKFUL for!


What are you THANKFUL for this year?



post signature

1 comments:

Shermom said...

Hey your forgot to say that your thankful for Murphy! ; )

You are so right about being thankful for everything. I am so thankful that I have a husband that provides for our family so I can stay home with our handsome little boy.
Happy Thanksgiving Ball Family!!