Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 31, 2009

This Old House...

... has over 30 years of Ball Family memories packed inside. In every corner of every room, a special moment is forever frozen in time. My husband has lived here all but 5 years of his life and, while I can't recount the full history of all the great memories this home contains, I can share a part of our story and what it has meant to us!


So, sit back, relax and come along with me on a journey........


Brad and I moved in about 5 months before the babies were born (in April 2007), after 2 months of major renovations. Here are some of my favorite "Before and After" pictures of the transformation:
Front Exterior Before
Front Exterior After - new exterior paint, new roof (this came as a bonus due to the big hail storm in April 2007!), plantation shutters and brand new landscaping made a huge difference in curb appeal!

Living Room Before
Living Room After - we opened up the room by removing the partial wall and creating continuity with all wood flooring.


Then, on August 6, 2007, we were surprised by two early arrivals and went from a family of two to a family of four! A month and a half later, the twins moved in and turned our house into a home...
Tanner and Tori, at 6 weeks, on the day they moved in! Boy, were we proud to finally have them home!
And here we are 27 months later on the day we moved out! "Bye bye, house."


Some of the things I will miss about this house:

The way the neighbor's flowering honeysuckle vines cascade over the back fence... so pretty!

My beautiful red canna by the pool! I loved the contrast of the red petals against the torqoise water. We left this plant by the pool because the pot was too heavy - I sure was sad to give it up but hope the new owners will enjoy it and take care of it!
The beautiful backyard. I loved sitting out on the lounge chairs in the evening after putting the kids to bed and just looking up at the evening sky, dreaming and talking to God. It was my special retreat!
The pretty purple blooming grasses in the backyard. (I find such beauty in the details!)
Our fun (and messy!) play times on the patio! I finally got smart enough and moved that plant about a month ago... can't believe it survived with hardly any dirt! ;)
Mom let us have one last splash in the pool a few weeks ago... it was COLD!!!

I had just decorated the mantle for Fall when we got an offer, so I took a picture to remember just how it was...


So, here's to This Old House and all the memories we've had there, old and new. We became a family in this house and we have been blessed to call this house "Home" for 2 1/2 years!

Now, onto the next chapter in our story.... wherever that may be!


post signature

1 comments:

Jara said...

So...where are you going?