Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The 2 Year Checkup: A Tall Tale

I apologize for my blogging absence over the past week! My laptop is down for the count, but luckily, my husband has loaned me one of his company laptops in the meantime while mine is out for (yet another) repair. Unfortunately, as of now, I don't have any pictures to share because.... well, I haven't been taking pictures for the past week and half since Brad had my camera with him in Honduras. So, I will get busy with that in the next few days so I can have something for you to feast your eyes on! ;)


This post is supposed to be about the kids' 2 year checkup today, but I feel like I should at least mention that Brad had an AWESOME trip to Honduras! He had so much to say about the people and the culture and just all the awesome things he got to witness and be a part of! I will dedicate an entire post to the trip in the next day or so, but for now, I will leave you with the info from our doctor's appointment this morning.


So, I guess it's no surprise, we have some BIG kids! Here are their stats as of 9:30 this morning:

Tanner - 31 lbs. even & 37.75 inches tall! So, that puts him in the 98th-percentile for height and 80th-percentile for weight... Yep, that's a BIG BOY, folks!

Tori - 28 lbs., 2 oz. & 36.75 inches tall. That puts her in the 97th-percentile for height and 66th-percentile for weight!

(Just for fun, I referenced my baby book and, at my 2 year checkup, I was 28 lbs, 8 oz. and 36 inches tall.... shorter than both of my kids!)


The Two Year checkup is also the time when the doctor can enter all their stats into some crazy mathematical formula to come up with a "prediction" of the child's adult height. This formula, along with the average of the two parents' heights is supposed to give us a glimpse at what could be their future.... pretty fun stuff!

So, Tanner is predicted to be 6'3" like his daddy and Tori's prediction is 6'1" (HA!), although a more realistic prediction for her, he said, is 5'10" (woohooo! - my tall, long-legged model girl!). Another way you can predict is to take the height of dad (Brad is 6'3") and the height of mom (I am 5'8"), get the average (roughly 6'0"). Then, subtract 2 inches for a girl (that would be 5'10") and add 2 inches for a boy (that would be 6'2").

So, I guess only time will tell... but it's probably safe to say these two are gonna be tall!


post signature

1 comments:

HaskinsHouse said...

Can't wait to read Brad's letter from the mission. My F-I-L is currently in Belarus on a mission, it is always fun to hear the stories of love and strength these people have. God is so awesome. I am greatful to Brad for taking on a great load. Blessings. Those little ones are absolutely adorable. Keep up the good work Momma!