Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 6, 2009

It's Not All About YOU!!!

Being in the blog world, I am constantly reminded of this truth as I continuously come across other blogs and get to glimpse into the lives of other families. I find this cyber-network to be most fascinating in the way it connects people.

This past week, I have been burdened and heartbroken for a family I came across through another blog I frequent. This family just lost one of their precious twin girls, Tuesday, to a very aggressive form of childhood cancer, known as neuroblastoma. Their twins are only about a year older than ours. I can't even imagine. As I read their story, my heart just sank and I've been lifting them up in prayer since I found out. I can only imagine the depth of their grief and pray that God will get them through this as only He can. They are Christian, from what I've gathered after reading several of their posts, and I know their faith will sustain them.

Tuesday's Tribute
Yet Another Jay and Deb Production.


This has got me thinking, after several of these "support systems" and "prayer chains" have been formed through blogs, that we have got quite a powerful thing going here in the blog world! Not only are we forming a huge and powerful network of believers and prayer warriors, but our honesty and transparency in sharing our lives as believers is being used by God to make a HUGE impact in the lives of people all around the world. Just check out the world map of visitors who have been to this blog (probably linked here accidentally through another blog)!!! I don't know anyone in India, yet someone in India has glimpsed into our lives. Sure, it's a bit of a creepy thought, but what if, just what if, through these random stumblings into the lives of others, God could use something written, a photo, a video, anything to reveal Himself to an unbeliever/seeker? Do you see the power in this?!?!?!!

I could tell you countless stories of the global impact just a small handful of my "blog buddies" have had and it just rocks my socks off!!! Better go grab a cup of coffee and pull up a chair, because I'm just getting started here, folks....

Let me tell you the story of MckMama..... she is the mother of Many Small Children under the age of 3. At the time I started following her story, she had 3 children (ages 2, 1 & 0) and was expecting her fourth! Yep, she's a little busy! I happened upon her blog through a link to a giant "prayer-chain-heard-round-the-world" for her unborn baby boy, Stellan (whose online alias is "MckMuffin"). You see, baby Stellan was given a grim diagnosis while in utero. Here is an excerpt from her blog:

"In the womb, he was diagnosed with heart failure: premature atrial contractions at 20 weeks; supraventricular tachycardia, hydrops, and intermittent advanced secondary heart block at 23 weeks; and enlargement of the heart at 32 weeks. When the doctors told us at 24 weeks that our very ill baby would surely die, we chose to give our son completely to God, for He alone knows best. We have not stopped praising our Lord since then, for MckMuffin was healed and was born a well and whole full-term baby!!"

Yep, you read that right! God performed a MIRACLE and this sweet baby boy was born PERFECT with absolutely NO heart problems to speak of! How awesome is that?!?!?!! Praise God! There were thousands upon thousands of people all around the world praying for this baby because of a prayer movement that started through the blog world. And look what happened. God heard the cries of all His people and He performed a miracle! It just floors me.


And then, there's Angie Smith... OMG, Angie Smith just amazes me! She lost a baby girl, sweet Audrey Caroline, in 2007 to genetic abnormalities and shares her daily journey here. She also happens to be married to Todd Smith, whose voice you would recognize from Selah. And, even more coincidentally, Todd's sister just happens to be Nicol Sponberg, also formerly from Selah. Tragically, she and her husband also lost a baby to SIDS shortly after Todd and Angie. So, this entire family has really been through some enormous trials over the last couple of years, but their love for the Lord is what shines through it all! It's an awesome thing to see!


And I came across Angie Smith's story through another family in our area that I was asked to pray for that was expecting a baby who had been diagnosed with Trisomy 18 (another genetic abnormality situation)... so, as you can see, the chain just continues to form more and more links and connections. It's just amazing!


So anyway, I share all these seemingly random stories with you today to show how truly we are connected and how our lives intersect and cross with one another. I guess all of this makes me feel like my blogging truly has a purpose and that God can actually use my/our lives to make a bigger impact than we could ever imagine.


Ephesians 3:20-21
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!



So, in honor of Tuesday, whose story inspired this post, may we all be reminded from time to time, It's Not All About Us!

7 comments:

Halftime Lessons said...

What a beautiful tribute, Leah. This is exactly what Deb and I hoped for when we created Tuesday's Tribute. it's a sad time for families like Tuesday's and Cora's, and really nice job using your blog to shine your light on their memories.

I just put up the Mr Linky if you want to share your post with others, and I look forward to keeping up with you and your blog.

And great to see another DFW blogger!

Jay @ HalftimeLessons

Jara said...

Very cool, what a witness our blogs can be, makes ya think before ya write eh??????

Heather of the EO said...

I love the idea of Tuesday's Tribute too, a way for us to remember it isn't all about us--such a great idea.

Beautiful post!

Deb said...

great tribute!! nicely done. you are so right, we are all connected.

Jess said...

Thanks for this reminder!

Julie said...

Great post. It is SO true. I'm amazed how lives can be touched by blogging. But hearing Stellan's story was amazing...seeing how people were praying every hour until his delivery...people who've never met. It was remarkable.

HaskinsHouse said...

So glad you found these. I follow all of the blogs you mention. They are so inspiring. You are 100% right, this is not all about us. It is all about what we can form and become as a whole humanity or community. Thanks for bringing light to these great people. So neat to see you joining and rolling with this blog. Since I live so far away, I love to see those beautiful babies grow up. AWESOME!!! Thanks so much