Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thank you to everyone who remembered to pray for us this past week. My grandmother was able to join us on Thursday for a wonderful day in her own home with the entire family! What a BLESSING!!!



This is the only picture I have so far from Thanksgiving (Thank you, Kathryn!). I took quite a few pictures and got some really cute ones of the kids, but I think I left my camera behind at the farm. If I end up finding it around here in the next few days, I promise to share more pics, but this is the most important one right? There's our Guest of Honor in the middle of the picture, sitting on the couch (if only my big noggin wasn't partially blocking her! LOL!). We love you, Maw Maw!!!

*Disclaimer* (This next section is gonna be sappy, so continue reading only if you aren't uncomfortable with feeling the warm fuzzies!)

With each passing year, it seems my list of gratitude grows longer and longer. At this time of year especially, I feel like I could literally burst with thankfulness, so here goes my attempt at a list of praises to my God for the many blessings He has lavished on me.

In no particular order, I am THANKFUL for:

My wonderful, God-ordained, perfect-match-for-me husband!


Our two healthy, adorable, lovable, precious kids


Our cozy, peaceful home (and my comfy BED!)

Religious freedom

Great friends

Fabulous Family


The gift of Music

The gift of Salvation!

Mornings (Believe it or not, I really have come to appreciate this time of day...it's now a favorite part of my day!)

Bedtime! As much as I love mornings with the kids, I am equally as thankful for that lovely time of day when their bedtime rolls around.... ahh, Calgon take me away!
Here's a picture from last month that I forgot to share with you, so I thought it might fit here since I mentioned being thankful for bedtime... I'm also thankful for BUMPERS (We put Tori's bumper back on her crib after finding her like this one night)!

God's Creation (Every year, without fail, I'm in awe of the changing of seasons, sunrises, sunsets, mountains, snow, the ocean, rainbows, etc, etc.)
These pictures were captured a few weeks ago (Nov.11th to be exact) on our way down to Waco to visit Maw Maw in the hospital... I thought it was a pretty special gift from God that day! (as I was very concerned about the situation with her... it was like God's way of comforting and calming me in that moment)
I call these "Heavenly Rays"... they were coming down right over the hospital, I kid you not! God is so cool!

Sushi Dates with Brad Really, any dates with Brad... they are not as frequent nowadays, so I've learned to really relish the time we get to spend outside the house just the two of us!


Great Food!

SHOES! Need I say more?

1 comments:

HaskinsHouse said...

WOW, looks like a happy thanksgiving was had by all. LOve the pics. Thanks for sharing.
Can't wait to see those little beauties pics.
Dusty