Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Busy Day

My mom has been on vacation this week, so today we took a short little day-trip down to Austin to visit my friend Karen and her two kiddos, Jonah and Katelyn. We hit the road around 10/10:30 this morning after my chiropractor appointment and arrived to Karen's shortly after 2:00 after stopping for lunch in Temple.

Karen and I have known each other since I was about 4 or 5 because our moms were good friends and have been for about 30 years now. She was my first friend and will always hold such a special place in my heart!


We attempted to get all four of our kids together for a quick photo, but as you can see, mine are way too busy to be still for even one second!

Katelyn is so cute squeezing her teddy bear!


So we decided to hold them hostage on our laps for a real quick group picture (mine are still trying to get away! LOL!)

My sweet friend, Karen with her son, Jonah (4) and daughter, Katelyn (2) and us!

Karen is such a good mommy! Her kids are so precious and you can tell they definitely love their mom! It's awesome to see her as a mom, she was totally made for it!

As we were getting ready to leave, Tori discovered the stairs and figured out how to start climbing up them. Pretty soon, Tanner was right there with her and Katelyn joined them to show them how it's really done! So cute!


We left Karen's house right at 5:00 and the kids fell asleep pretty much right away since they had missed their afternoon nap. They napped for about 30 minutes and then were ready for dinner. So we made it to Temple by about 6:00 where we stopped for dinner at LUBY'S!!! I was thrilled! I know this might seem weird to many people, but I have always LOOOVED Luby's! (Brad definitely thinks I'm weird on this one... he will never take me there!)

My grandparents took my brother and I there almost every Sunday after church growing up so I probably love it more for sentimental reasons than for the food, but it's not bad either! I always get the fried fish with tartar sauce, macaroni and cheese and fried okra. I honestly don't think I've ever had anything else there my whole life....... creature of habit?

Anyway, we arrived home around 9:00 and changed the kids into their jammies, put them in bed and haven't heard a single peep since. So, I guess I'm headed to bed myself now.... I'm POOPED! That's a lot for one day with two little ones. I think next time we need to plan to stay a night with my brother or get a hotel.


Oh! One more thing real quick before I forget. Here's a little update on the tooth count:
Tanner, 6 (4 top, 2 bottom)
Tori, 3 (1 top, 2 bottom)

I've been trying for a couple of weeks to get a good picture of their toothy grins and I finally succeeded, although it was during mealtime so they're quite messy. Don't mind the food.......
My Sweet Smiley Girl
Look at all those pretty "teefs"!!! He looks like such a big boy, doesn't he?!?!!!


Alright, that's all folks. I'm off to bed now! In the next couple of days, I will post some pictures from their 1-year photo shoot at Picture People... they turned out really cute!

1 comments:

Jara said...

Your babies are so cute! I can't believe Tori has a ponytail - so sweet! I had to comment on the Luby's thing though - I too LOVE to go there, and...I always get the fried fish, tarter sauce, mac and cheese and green beans! I don't eat fish anywhere else but there - so CRAZY!!! One time when I was preggo with Kaden I craved it so much that one of my kindergarteners moms brought it to me up at school! Ha ha! I love seeing your blog and checking up on your precious little family!