Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Fun in the Sun

We had a wonderful, activity-filled weekend! For the past week or so, we have been discussing where to have their 9-month pictures taken. We thought about going back to Picture People or JenMeyer again, but thought we'd first try our hand at doing our own shots. So on Saturday, we headed downtown to the Botanic Gardens for a picnic lunch and twin photo shoot. It was such a beautiful day and we were able to get some beautiful photos. See below....


"Hey sister, I'm really digging your bow!"

Some individual shots of Tanner........



And here are some individual shots of Tori.......


(This one's my FAVORITE!!!)


After the photo shoot, we brought the babies home for a good nap so they would be well rested for Grammy, who came over to babysit later that evening. We went to dinner at Carrabba's (YUM!) and then met our friends, Chris & Roni, at the movies to see The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. It was a GREAT movie!!! If you saw the first one and liked it, you'll enjoy this one as well. After seeing the GORGEOUS scenery in this movie, I think our next vacation has to be to New Zealand! (Don't know if I'll be able to convince Brad of that one - haha!!)

Then on Sunday, the babies got to go swimming for the VERY FIRST TIME and they had a BLAST! My friend Roni came over with her two kiddos, Cason (almost 3) and Lexi (almost 2), and we had a great time splashing around with the kids. I bought a cute little inflatable fish pool last week that they all played in first. I thought Tanner and Tori would flinch at the cold water, but it didn't phase them and they loved being able to splash and play with the water. After we ate lunch, we all got into the "big pool." I put Tanner and Tori on a float sitting up and held onto them as we cruised around in the water. Tanner enjoyed splashing the water that had collected on top of the float, but was far more interested in the water, so he laid back on the float and rolled right off into my arms in the pool. I think I've figured out who my daredevil is going to be!

Lexi, Cason and Tanner in the baby pool
Cason, Tori and Tanner (for some reason we could never get all four kids in one picture!)

And here's Momma with her water babies! (Somebody needs a tan, huh?)

If this weekend was any indication, something tells me I'll be getting plenty of sun this summer! These two love the outdoors, especially the water!

1 comments:

The Houston's said...

Those pictures turned out so good! No need for a professional photographer - you did a great job! But of course, you also were working with beautiful babies....that always makes for great photos! :-)