Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 4, 2008

Bring on the FOOD!

Tori enjoying her morning cereal

We "officially" started solids over the weekend and all is well thus far. (Some of you may remember we briefly introduced rice cereal and applesauce for a few days back when they were 4 months old, but we decided to wait until 6 months because they weren't quite ready and I wanted to let their digestive systems mature a little more.) So, we're back to cereal and applesauce once a day in the mornings and they are loving it! It's amazing the difference that a couple of months makes! For example, I'm already noticing a big difference in the way they take the food from the spoon this time. They actually open up their mouths wide to let me put a spoonful in their mouths whereas two months ago, they were still very much in sucking mode... they would try to suck the food off the spoon. So, it's already proving to be much easier to feed them. Don't get me wrong, it's still a BIG MESS, but we're getting off to a much smoother start this time. Another helpful thing is that we now have a highchair and I've been letting them "practice" sitting in it for a couple of weeks now. They're still slumping in it a bit but they're very much enjoying being able to sit upright and look around, much like in the exersaucer! Notice I mentioned only one highchair - I haven't bought a second one yet simply because I wanted to make sure I liked this one first before I bought two of the same. I LOVE it! I will be purchasing a second one very soon. This thing is fantastic - it reclines in 3 different positions (which comes in handy for feeding right now since they can't sit up very well yet), raises and lowers to become a toddler chair later on, has a HUGE tray that is supposed to be able to go in the dishwasher (however, you must have to have an industrial-sized dishwasher for that... the tray is WAY too big to fit in a standard dishwasher), and, my favorite part, the entire contraption folds up to no wider than, let's say, a vacuum cleaner and can be stowed away in my pantry or simply pushed up against the wall and out of the way when not in use! This is great since my breakfast area is not exactly gigantic, and I'm about to be the proud owner of TWO of these things!

Anyway, that's about all that's going on right now. The two exciting upcoming events of this week are... Wednesday we have our 6 (SIX!) month well baby visit to the pediatrician and this Sunday, we are having them dedicated! We're very much looking forward to this special event and are excited to have several family members and dear friends joining us for the ceremony. We will definitely post pictures from that either Sunday afternoon or Monday!

Little man loves his chair!
Tori stares at her toys while mom cooks (WHAT?!?!! Mom cooks???)

0 comments: