Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Be My Valentine

One of my favorite bloggers, MckMama, featured a post last week by a guest blogger. Her guest gave the cutest recipe idea for Valentine's Day and, as it turns out, they were really easy and fun to make! I was a little intimidated at first, but got a wild hair tonight and decided to try making these Valentine Petit Fours as treats for the kids' teachers and Brad's employees. Check out the original recipe HERE.


Here's how my batch turned out:
Although they weren't as artfully and beautifully decorated as Amanda's petit fours (I couldn't quite get the food coloring down for matching pinks), I thought they turned out pretty cute! And did I mention how EASY they were to make?!?!! I promise, anyone can do this!


The kid's were having a Valentine's party at school on Thursday so Thursday morning, we woke up to beautiful SNOW and got ready for school. We gathered up our treats to take for the party...


Gifts for our teachers... check!

Valentine's for our friends... check!

Adorable Valentine's outfit... check! (this was the best photo I could get of him... he was NOT in the mood for pictures! In case you can't tell, his shirt says "Mama's Boy"... too cute and soooo true!)

Pretty Party girl, complete with matching purse and bracelet... check! (She looks so grown up in this pic, I about fainted!)


They had a great time at school and got lots of goodies and Valentine's from their buddies. After school, we got to come home and play in all the SNOW that had continued to fall all day long!


Snow pics are next... stay tuned!



post signature

1 comments:

Shermom said...

I read her blog also! I think you got me started on it. Anyway, I saw the post for the petite fours and briefly thought about giving it a try, but the fondant scared me. I haven't watched enough Ace of Cakes or Cake Boss to feel fondant confident. My next thought was to try the cake pops that were on her blog. Again, I decided against that and instead baked my husband a Triple Chocolate Cake in the shape of a heart and decorated with hearts all on it.
Kuddos to you for getting the nerve to make them. How did they taste?