Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 27, 2009

Our (Non-Exciting) Week In A Nutshell & Our Blog's First-Ever Contest!!!

I'm trying to get back into a good rhythm of regular blogging, so I thought I would share what we've been up to this week. It's been a good week getting back into our routine after having the week off last week for Spring Break!

First of all, I have to share with you a HILARIOUS discovery I made today, just a few minutes ago actually!

We have this laundry basket full of socks with no mates that we keep in our bedroom, hoping we'll come across the match to each of them at some point.....


Well, this afternoon while I was getting the kids up from their nap, I was changing Tanner's diaper on the floor, and happened to glance under his bed (for whatever reason), and I found where all these socks have disappeared to!
I laughed out loud and ran to get the camera!


And yes, my little climber is still at it this week!
Climbing into the kitchen chairs....
Sooooo proud of herself!
Ah yes, and her latest endeavor, scaling the windowsill in the kitchen! She is such a little daredevil!


And here's an interesting sight from Wednesday... we had these odd-looking storm clouds blow over the house. I had never seen anything like them, so I felt compelled to take a couple of pictures. Humor me....

Kinda creepy, huh?


Okay, is it just me or does this kid look like a 12-year-old? My buddy is getting SO BIG!!! He just looks so mature to me in this picture! What a handsome dude (sporting his new bib)!


And same here, doesn't she look so grown up?!?!!! Here's Tori modeling her new bib....

I didn't plan to comment on their new bibs but, let me just say, they're GREAT! I didn't anticipate this being some great purchase or anything, but I was at Babies R Us last Sunday purchasing a gift for a friend's baby shower and I came across these bibs and just grabbed them because almost all of ours are worn out and gross from so much use. Anyway, I didn't even realize how great they were until we used them later. They're bigger, so they cover more of the kids' shirts and, the key is, they snap instead of velcro so the kids can't pull them off and throw them in the floor anymore! Wooohooo!!! (At least for now, anyway, until they figure it out, little geniuses!)
I know, I know, it's the small things in life, right? Haha!


Anyway, that was our week... just enjoying the crazy antics of the bouncing baby Balls! Speaking of "Bouncing Baby Balls," I've been thinking about renaming our blog since they really aren't babies anymore... what do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea?

If you have any creatively clever ideas, please send them my way. I'll take my favorite 5 and we can all vote on them.... I might even throw in a prize at the end for the winning suggestion! Get those creative juices flowing and I'll come up with a cool prize to give away!

Have a great weekend everyone!

xoxo,
Leah

3 comments:

silverhartgirl said...

How about Tumbling toddlers.
I like your hidden socks

Jara said...

Or...what about "Having a Ball....(Tanner and Tori style)"

Ashley said...

TANNER AND TORI'S TOT-SPOT !!