Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 29, 2008

Breaking News

Check this out....



Ladies and gentlemen, Grammies and Grampas, you've just witnessed the real first steps of Tanner Benjamin Ball!!! By real, I mean we got lucky enough to catch his actual first steps on film. Usually, the camera is not handy when a kid takes their first steps so the parent runs to get it and then tries to reenact the moment, but we got very lucky to capture this milestone on camera! Tanner has been showing a lot more interest in being up on his feet for the past couple of weeks and has gotten to where he will walk with you while holding one hand but wasn't quite ready to let go. So, tonight Brad was working with him in the playroom and decided to try another technique. He would stand Tanner up and get him balanced and then, instead of holding his hands, Brad would hold the back of his shirt. He had already done it several times, but would immediately fall when Brad let go. Brad had me go get the camera so we could film him walking while Brad held his shirt, because this was still a pretty cool thing. Well, after a couple of steps, with the camera recording, Brad decided to let go and - "Viola!" - you just witnessed it the same as us! It was such an awesome moment!

It was all purely by accident, but I am so excited because my reaction is so raw and real and I will always have that moment captured and be able to hear the emotion behind it!

(As for Miss Tori, I think we're still a couple weeks out on her but she's definitely showing more interest and getting better and better on her feet every day. We'll keep ya posted....)

4 comments:

HaskinsHouse said...

WAY TO GO TANER!!!! How exciting, Its over now Mom and Dad.

Ian said...

Leah, I don't know how to tell you this, but I think when I clicked to watch the video on my phone I might have erased it. Right now I'm looking in my Trash folder, so I'll let you know if I find it... again, so sorry.

sarah said...

Wow!!! I am so glad you caught this on camera! It was so cute how proud he was of himself!

Hayley McCarthy said...

YAY!!! Way to go Tanner