Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 10, 2007

Making Progress


Here's a picture of the Ball Babies' Nursery (they have their own room in the NICU and will eventually get to share a bed once more of their lines come out)

Hello All,
It's Mommy here. I'm starting to feel more like myself again now that it's been a few days so I thought I'd make today's update. (This is really yesterday's update, but I didn't get to it last night.)

Yesterday (Thursday), Tanner was removed from the ventilator! Praise God! Tori was removed from her C-Pap and they were both put on nasal cannulas (which are just the tubes of air that blow into the nostrils)! This is a great step! Tanner is still receiving a small percentage of oxygen through his nasal cannula, but Tori is now just breathing room air (no extra oxygen needed) through hers!

When we saw Tori last night, we noticed her hair was straight and puffy instead of wavy like before. She had gotten her first bath the night before! It was so cute to see her hair all clean... she looked like a little duckling! Tanner has not been bathed yet but should be soon since he is no longer on the ventilator.

We thank everyone for their prayers and support during this time and can't wait until we get to introduce Tanner & Tori to everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leah,
This is Tiffany (Stanford) Pruett. I heard that you were expecting and found your blog. So I've been following your progress for the last month and now the babies. I am so excited to see how God is blessing you and Brad. I just wanted to say Congratulations!
An old friend,
Tiffany

Matthew and Wendy Martin said...

I cry every time I see Tori and Tanner. Praise God, Tori and Tanner are so beautiful. I love you Brad and Leah, you are wonderful parents!

In Christ's love,
Wendy